The Ethiopian Community Mutual Assistance Association (“ECMAA”) is an independent not-for-profit association with no political or religious affiliation. We are committed to serving the needs of the Ethiopian community in the NY tri-state area. ECMAA members do this through the coordination of cultural and educational activities. Our members share knowledge, skills, and resources with those in need of assistance. ECMAA aspires to build a thriving, empowered and fully integrated community that has the capacity to share its culture and values while taking full advantage of the socio-economic and educational opportunities available in the larger society.
Past Ethiopian Community Mutual Assistance Association programs and services have included:
- Resettlement and adjustment services
- Information and referral for housing
- Legal, mental health and medical education
- Employment services
- Immigration counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Children’s recreational and educational programming
- Emergency assistance to those in need
- Citizenship education and entrepreneurship training.